The Manitoba School Library Association is pleased to offer three, $330.00 grants to school libraries needing fundsto improve their school library programs and collections. The purpose of the grants is to address inequities in school library funding and encourage school library staffs to increase the innovation of their programs and the diversity of their collections. Possible uses for the grant might be to:
- purchase materials for your Makerspace
- purchase books that reflect the true history of Canada’s Indigenous population
- purchase mother tongue or dual language books that reflect the diversity of your population
- purchase LGBTQ books that reflect the make-up of the Canadian population
- purchase materials that support inquiry-based learning
- purchase materials that support digital citizenship programming
Who Can Apply:
Anyone who is working in a school library in Manitoba and is a member of the Manitoba School Library Association in the same year as the application has been made.
How to Enter:
1) Write a minimum 250/maximum 500 word piece describing why your library is a good candidate for the grant and how you plan to use it.
2) Submit a budget as to how you plan to spend the money.
3) Please indicate your name, your email and phone number, your school and its address, grades of students, school division, on your application.
4) Submit your written piece and budget to MSLA’s Advocacy Chair, Brandi Nicholauson (email@example.com)
1) Have not been awarded a seed grant from the MSLA in the past 5 years.
2) Your written piece clearly articulates a need for the grant and describes how it will be used to improve your school library program.
3) Must be willing to write a short article for the MSLA website or journal in the same fiscal year that the grant was awarded describing how you used the grant money in your school library. Since articles are always more interesting with pictures, please submit at least one picture of how you used the grant. Please ensure that the MSLA has permission to post them on the MSLA website or journal.
A committee comprised of 3 to 5 members of the MSLA Executive will make up the selection committee. Members of the Selection Committee are not eligible to win. Decisions of the committee are final.
April 30, 2017
Recipients will be informed by mail. Note: Cheques to recipients will be made out to the school and not to the recipient directly.